[CUWiN-Dev] much simpler upgrades

Bryan Cribbs bdcribbs at ojctech.com
Fri Mar 18 23:12:07 CST 2005

Tom, you mentioned you might try and do some on-air
upgrades this weekend, even though we didn't sort out
the Windows configuration issues on Thursday.

I realized there is a much simpler way we could facilitate
using any i386 laptop to do upgrades, without requiring
installing or configuring anything at all on it.

If you boot a laptop off a CD with a CUWiN image, you
become a walking CUWiN node, automatically meshing with
other CUWiN nodes, already running an sshd.
The CUWiN CD has plenty of free space to hold a copy of
the upgrade tgz file, and that's easy to add to the build.

Can anyone see downsides to this?

-Bryan