[CUWiN-Dev] routing issues with last weeks code

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Mon Mar 28 22:19:46 CST 2005

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 09:07:22PM -0500, Gurung, Provin [IE] wrote:
> I updated my code last week, but I am running into some trouble with
> multihop routing.

Gurung,

Looking closer, you have sent me a log just 4 seconds long.  See if the
expected linkstates do not appear if you wait longer.

At the end of the log, 10.10.10.1 has not received an LSU from 10.10.10.2,
yet, but that is not unusual.

I expect for a node to wait for at least 10 seconds before it requests
that its neighbors "bootstrap" it.  If bootstrap fails (let us hope
it does not fail!), it will take even longer for the 10.10.10.3 <-
10.10.10.2 route to appear in the linkstate database.