[Cu-wireless] count me in

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 7 15:13:48 CST 2001

Hi folks,

I just set up wireless in my house attached to my lousy (*&#@$@#'ing
ISDN line and it's very nice.

I also have a currently-unused CB antenna mounted on my chimney (by
the death-defying Mike Lehman) which would probably work for 802.11b
no prob.

So count me the heck in.  I want to get my house on a better backbone,
and I would be happy to use my setup as a guinea pig and provide
wireless bandwidth to anyone I can reach without grossly violating FCC
regulations, frying my antenna, or melting down my wireless router.

That would maybe be Mark Enslin's house.  I don't think I could reach
to Carle Park or Danielle's, but maybe with the CB antenna I could;
it's worth a try.

I don't think the Urbana Tigers or their marching band need wireless
access at the moment.

At the very least, I could upgrade my internet connection to cable,
get my CB antenna hooked up to the wireless router, and agree to
configure the router according to whatever the cu-wireless group
agrees to.

--
Joe Futrelle