[Cu-wireless] DWL-520 saga continues.

Bruce Best (CRO) bestb at lao.on.ca
Sun Apr 7 11:02:55 CDT 2002

Saw your posting about the DWL-520 through a Google search; I also went
through a lot of head scratching trying to figure out why it would only work
in certain computers.

I bought the card to put in my linux gateway, which was a Pentium 133. The
problem for me, it turns out, is that the DWL-520 _requires_ a PCI 2.2
compliant mainboard. This means forget about using it in anything earlier
than a Pentium-II.

This was confirmed in an email from D-Link technical support. They have yet
to respond to my question of why this compatibility issue is not mentioned
on the box, in the documentation, or on the website.

Bruce