[Cu-wireless] Found some equipment...

Bryan Cribbs bdcribbs at onthejob.net
Fri Apr 19 16:50:38 CDT 2002

I wouldn't expect the hd's or any other components in these
boxes to be high quality (in 1996's terms), they were purchased
custom built from Dell on a streamlined budget to be just enough
for their intended use.
I helped install and maintain them between 96-97 and there were a
lot of DOA components direct from Dell (mostly dead network cards though).
Also these machines aren't likely to have had detailed service, if
a failure wasn't immediately obvious, the whole box was typically
decommissioned and replaced instead of diagnosed and fixed.
(I didn't come up with this strategy. I was merely a student employee).

-Bryan

* Brian Foote <foote at refactory.com> :