[Cu-wireless] More suggestions (was re: organize)

niteshad at whopper.de niteshad at whopper.de
Thu Apr 25 18:07:10 CDT 2002

Regarding the Seminar/Theory meetings, perhaps it would be a good idea to
encourage the speakers to submit a version of their talk suitable for posting
on our website.  This way, we will build a base of knowledge which we (and
other wireless groups) can access on a more permanent basis.  The only
bugbear is the usual one of how to represent equations in HTML...unless MathML
has really come a long way.
	Also, I advocate that rather than the typical lecture model, we try to
implement a more active learning model.  Educational reseach has shown that
active learning models, such as group work or discussion result in better
comprehension and knowledge retention by the students.  Plus, it's just plain
more fun!

regards,

Mark

--