[Cu-wireless] Internet Needed

David Young dyoung at ojctech.com
Wed Aug 28 14:07:06 CDT 2002

Michael,

My friend Peter Folk owns TornadoNet. He is in the business of selling
wireless Internet.

The grassroots project would be interested in putting a node at your
home, especially if there you know interested neighbors who would also
host nodes. We are presently seeking funding for a T1.

Are DSL and cable out of the question?

Dave

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 09:38:41AM -0700, Michael Walcher wrote:

> Hello from Michael Walcher,
>
>    I have just moved into a Co-op House at 702 Washington St. in Urbana and we are in need of a Internet Connection for 14 rooms.
>
>    We have been researhing our options and I though I would ask this group fro any advice on how to go about getting High Speed Internet Access for our House.
>
> What is the status of your project?
>
> Are you familiar with www.tornadoNet.Net as I am going to talk with them soon about testing our house
>
> Any advice will be appreciated.
>
> Mike