[Cu-wireless] OJC node: almost there

David Young dyoung at onthejob.net
Sat Feb 9 22:39:44 CST 2002

I think I've got the NetBSD box in the window at OJC doing the
Right Thing, i.e., participating in 802.11-standard ad-hoc networks.
Peter and I may test later this evening. I will share the network
name and stuff at the meeting tomorrow. We should discuss security and
bandwidth-limiting. If this machine will be served by the OJC network,
we have to keep its impact and dangers negligible.

I want to warn ahead of time that when we've got a permanent network
node going at OJC, you should never, ever, ask for assistance in person
or by telephone from an OJC net administrator because, for one thing,
it is not their project, and for another thing, I am going to suggest
they be very rude. =) The reason I say this is that a sure-fire way to
turn hospitable offices and homes against our project is to put them in
the business of C-U Wireless Technical Support against their will.

This mailing list should be your first contact concerning the node at OJC.

David Young                   On the Job Consulting
dyoung at onthejob.net     Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933