[Cu-wireless] Champaign-Urbana Grassroots Wireless Internet Project

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at ucimc.org
Wed Jan 2 13:00:34 CST 2002

hi susan,

yes, the wireless project is still up and running.  we've been testing out
various antennas, siting various nodes, and building several routers for
the prototype network.  currently, we meet every sunday at 1:30.  we had
been meeting at my house, but will be meeting next sunday at the
Urbana-Champaign IMC (located at 218 West Main Street in Urbana).  we are
very close to finishing two routers, which will allow our first
point-to-point wireless network.  hopefully at the january 6th meeting we
will be testing these routers.

if you'd like to get involved, feel free to come to our meeting, or send an
e-mail with any questions.

--sascha