[Cu-wireless] a new member of the list

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at students.uiuc.edu
Sat Jan 5 14:31:28 CST 2002

Hi Ralph,

Good to have you aboard.  We'll be meeting tomorrow at 1:30 at the
Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center (UCIMC) which is located at 218
W. Main Street in Urbana.  Several folks are working to set up routers
right now and we have all the equipment to begin setting up a 2-node
prototype once the routers are finished.  There are several different foci
for the group and your expertise will be useful for everyone.

Two main goals are to connect specific points in town to the UCIMC
wireless network thus creating a wireless backbone of sorts, and creating
multiple access point wireless networks (wireless clouds) within the C-U
area.  Our current main focus right now is testing equipment,
brainstorming, and building prototypes.  If you have any questions feel
free to contact me, or better yet, come to tomorrow's meeting and
work-session.

Hope to see you soon,

--Sascha