[Cu-wireless] me and wireless

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Fri Jul 26 10:45:04 CDT 2002

just sending out a note about what is going on with me and wireless.

I've been really overwhelmed of late with various projects and I've
let wireless fall by the wayside. I haven't walked away from it I've
just kind of been ignoring it until I can shuffle it back into my
weekly routine.

I know my lack of documentation release has been holding things back
and I really hope to get that stuff written up before I leave for
vacation on Tuesday. I can't do anything else for wireless until after
I return but I can do that.

I'm glad meetings are still happening with Dave.

I have to give a big giant DOH about the news-gazette article. A
reporter did try to contact me and I blew him off for a few days,
meaning to call him back and I failed to do so. This was a major
misstep, I had no idea that he was going to write the story no matter
what...I thought this was the kind of thing where whenever I called
him he would work on the story. So don't blame the news-gazette for
not contacting us, blame me. I'll forward future inquiries to Sascha
if I'm too overwhelmed to deal with them myself.

As far as what our website should look like, I don't care abotu style,
I care about content. If people want to make it look whizzy or look
minimalist I don't care. The goal is to get useful content in
there. That includes lots of cool tools that we will use for doing our
wireless mission. Links to useful compiled information. A wiki for
people to collaborate. Links to documentation of projects. Mapping
tools. Databases of nodes. Etc.  Right now our content is no vacuous
that it really isn't going to make a difference whether the site is
whizzy or minimalist, it still won't have content.