[Cu-wireless] good wireless pci card?

David Young dyoung at ojctech.com
Mon Jun 17 23:02:54 CDT 2002

Paul,

I have used the Linksys WMP11 or the D-Link DWL-520.

The two cards are almost identical. You have your choice of cards if
you have a PCI 2.2-compliant (read: bleeding edge) motherboard, so
buy the least expensive one. However, if your motherboard is not PCI
2.2-compliant, you should go with the Linksys.

I've found both at Best Buy. You can also buy them cheap at mwave.com
and tigerdirect.com.

Dave

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 09:30:25PM -0500, Paul Riismandel wrote:
> Would any of you be kind enough to recommend a 802.11b wireless PCI card?  Or would it better to go with a USB one?
>
> And where's best to buy it?  Is Best Buy or Champaign Computer OK, or is there somewhere better on-line?
>
> ... ready to add central champaign, 'round Prospect and Clark, to the community wireless network when y'all are.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul

dyoung at onthejob.net     Engineering from the Right Brain
                        Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933