[Cu-wireless] Wanted: tools for advanced antenna construction and testing.

David Young dyoung at onthejob.net
Fri Mar 8 13:13:21 CST 2002

Rumor is that someone will bring a spectrum analyzer to our meeting
this Sunday.

Spectrum analyzers are enormously expensive to buy. You can rent them,
but that is expensive, too---more than $500 a month.

Dave

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 08:22:19AM +0100, niteshad at whopper.de wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> 	In the pursuit of greater excellence in antenna design, I was  wondering
> if anyone out there, probably of the amateur radio persuasion, had any of
> the following items that the wireless group could borrow for the construction
> and testing of their antennas.
>
> High-wattage soldering gun (~ or >260 watts)
> SWR meter capable of operating in the 2.4GHz band
> function generator
> spectrum analyzer capable of operating in and around the 2.4 GHz band
>
> If anyone knows where I can beg, borrow, or borrow time on equipment like
> this, I'd be very grateful.
>
> Of particular importance is the testing of our antenna designs to ensure
> that they do not create harmful interference with other devices, and that
> they don't damage our wireless cards.  Also, an SWR/Spectrum Analyzer will
> allow us to tune our antenna designs for better performance and better impedance
> matching.
>
> regards,
>
> Mark
>
> --
> Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net

David Young                   On the Job Consulting
dyoung at onthejob.net     Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933