[Cu-wireless] IWIN?

David Young dyoung at onthejob.net
Fri May 10 17:02:15 CDT 2002

I think IWIN will work wherever there is mobile phone service. That is
the wireless connectivity they are talking about.

You can buy mobile Internet service with similar performance as
IWIN. There are two standards. I think that CDPD is one, GPRS is the
other. "Some day" there will be 1Mbit cellular Internet through one of
these technologies.

I don't like this idea of "silent dispatch."

Dave

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 04:34:49PM -0500, Sascha Meinrath wrote:
> has anyone heard about IWIN: illinois wireless information network?
>
> http://www.state.il.us/IWIN/
>
> it's statewide, used by 5-O, and is full of factual errors and downright
> false advertising... take for example:
>
> "IWIN utilizes a statewide Cellular Digital Packet Data (CDPD)
> infrastructure to provide users with 19.2 KB per second connectivity, the
> fastest wireless data connectivity available today."
>
> --sascha

dyoung at onthejob.net     Engineering from the Right Brain
                        Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933