[Cu-wireless] Mesh networks at the FCC

David Young dyoung at ojctech.com
Wed May 29 15:41:28 CDT 2002

Does anyone know if the technology at Mesh Networks is vaporware or
not? Their approach seems plenty sensible and feasible, but there is
something about the character of their photo illustrations and text
that makes me think, hmmm, do they have a product or do they have a $170
million investment that says they'd better come up with one, and fast? =)

Dave

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 01:45:29PM -0500, Jon Dugan wrote:
>   Mesh networks is presently giving a talk at the FCC which is being broadcast
>   via RealMedia:
>
>     http://www.fcc.gov/realaudio/mt052902.ram
>     http://www.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Engineering_Technology/Public_Notices/2002/da021201.html
>
>   The title is Wireless Ad Hoc Mesh Network Technology.
>
>   It looks like they archive them so you can probably watch at any time.
>
> Jon
> --
> Jon Dugan             |  Senior Network Engineer, NCSA Network Development
> jdugan at ncsa.uiuc.edu  |  269 CAB, 605 E Springfield, Champaign, IL 61820
> 217-244-7715          |  http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/~jdugan/

dyoung at onthejob.net     Engineering from the Right Brain
                        Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933