[Cu-wireless] development issues

David Young dyoung at ojctech.com
Tue Nov 5 19:01:02 CST 2002

I am going to throw some software projects out there which I do not think
I will get around to working on for a while. I think these will add value
to our network. Some of these ideas are abstract, and they will produce
experimental software, but I put them out there for people to think about.

  an easy-to-use Web NAT/firewall configurator that will run on an
  embedded system

  a daemon that will monitor a link for its "quality," and assign "costs"
  or "metrics" to links, for the purpose of OSPF routing

  an implementation of an ad hoc routing protocol for Zebra

  reliable multicast routing for our network

dyoung at ojctech.com      Engineering from the Right Brain
                        Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933