[Cu-wireless] First Fully Operation Node!!!

David Young dyoung at ojctech.com
Tue Nov 19 01:25:44 CST 2002

Mark, you are right about the leaves: their falling probably made
the difference.  And IMC is the gateway. But we still have options
for cutting the distance.  Sascha has been talking to Michael Hart,
a station at whose house will cut the distance. Also, we may be able to
get onto the roof on the apartment building behind Strawberry Field's.
Peter Folk thinks it is possible.

Dave

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 07:00:47AM +0100, niteshad at whopper.de wrote:
> Sascha,
>
> What is your gateway to the Internet?  If it's the IMC, I'm very
> surprized, as I thought that the major problem was the hop from Peter Miller's to the
> IMC.
>
> One, slightly omnious, reason might be that the trees are shedding their
> leaves now, providing better line of sight.  However, when next spring comes,
> we're going to be right back where we were this September without more
> nodes directly between Peter Miller's and the IMC.
>
> regards,
>
> Mark
>
> --
> Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net