wireless nodes on schools, etc. [Was: Re: Re: [Cu-wireless] I would be interested in attending the next meeting.]

by way of Illustrious niteshad <niteshad at whopper.de> niteshad at whopper.de
Thu Oct 24 13:42:29 CDT 2002

You may run into problems trying to compete with ICN for school bandwidth.
As far as I can tell they have pretty
much cornered the marked providing for schools, Libraries, etc.  I could
be wrong.
NB

If push comes to shove, we don't need to route bandwidth to/from the
schools, we just need a node with an omni on the roof acting as a repeater.
However, from what I know of the network at Centennial High School in Champaign
(my CCNA instructor is also a full time teacher at Centennial), the local
public schools might welcome some redundant bandwidth.  Centennial's network
connection is rather unstable and experiences outtages on the order of every
couple of weeks for a few seconds or minutes, for example.

regards,

Mark

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net