[Cu-wireless] wireless repeater type thing question...

David Young dyoung at ojctech.com
Sat Sep 28 14:51:16 CDT 2002

Ellie,

Have you experimented with the orientation of the antennas on your
access point? They radiate least strongly on their axis.

If the present antennas are removable, you might try attaching a 3, 4,
or 5 dBi antenna in their place. There are some that stand on a metal
or plastic base which are made especially for extending the range of an
access point or wireless adapter indoors.

Dave

On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 02:59:09PM -0400, BOKUwaKAMIdes at aol.com wrote:
> I have a wap going in my basement, but it doesn't reach to the second floor.  Putting it on the first floor isn't really an option because that would involve drilling a hole into hard wood floors.  Is there anything that I can get to boost the signal in my house?
>
> I see these things called bridges, and I keep getting yelled at that they won't help, they are just dumb routers.  Any help?
>
> -Ellie

dyoung at ojctech.com      Engineering from the Right Brain
                        Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933