[Cu-wireless] 802.11 & multihop networks

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Apr 16 08:58:11 CDT 2003

Is it possible to modify the RTS/CTS protocol so that (as in your example
below) when node B gets a RTS from A it says to other nodes "talk amongst
yourselves" and they don't communicate with B for the requisite time (but
can still commmunicate with each other)?  Or is the problem more
complicated, for example, if B doesn't have any ability to filter out the
noise from C when it's talking with D?

--Sascha