[Cu-wireless] Where is the famous pizza box?

Illustrious niteshad niteshad at linuxmail.org
Thu Apr 24 18:54:09 CDT 2003

I was just thinking about various famous and lost relics of human history (like the ones that were demolished in that museum in Baghdad) and the question of the pizza box arose again.

For those of you new to the list, the early CU-wireless meetings in the Fall of 2001 and the Spring of 2002 frequently were accompanied by pizza (which greatly boosted both morale and attendance).  When the new all omni-directional antenna network was decided upon, we needed something to write down the specifics.  The pizza box was near to hand and large enough for the job, so the initial network topology and configuation details were drawn out on the inside lid of the pizza box.  Jokes were made comparing our pizza box to the famous cocktail napkin which holds the details of the beginning of ARPAnet, which ultimately grew up into the modern Internet.

Since Zach is moving all of the CU-wireless gear to Sascha's house, now would be a good time to locate this historic relic and ensure that it is preserved for posterity.  If nothing else, I'd like a scan of it for the website.

best regards,

Mark

PS-- Zach, please tell me that you still have it, I'm having nightmares of it being recycled.
http://www.linuxmail.org/