[Cu-wireless] NetBSD Problems with Multiple Wireless Cards

Aaron N. Tubbs atubbs at circumlocution.org
Tue Apr 29 09:48:20 CDT 2003

Greetings,

Our group is working with a somewhat different network idea than the
CUWP, but we've been encountering some interesting problems.  We thought
that somebody on the list might have some ideas that might explain the
challenges we've encountered.

Specifically, we've been working with machines that have two of the
Linksys wireless cards installed, in concert with NetBSD.  A minor issue
we encounter is that it seems that NetBSD really wants to bring both
cards up on the same IRQ ... this may not be a problem, but it's
something we've been wondering about.

The bigger problem, however, seems to be that no matter what we try, we
get rather frequent I/O errors whenever we try to send data over the
wireless interfaces when the two cards are installed, whereas everything
seems to function without complaining with a single card in place.

Does this sort of behavior sound like anything any of you have
encountered before?

Thanks for your time,

Aaron