[Cu-wireless] NetBSD Problems with Multiple Wireless Cards

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Wed Apr 30 11:51:45 CDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 09:48:20AM -0500, Aaron N. Tubbs wrote:
> Specifically, we've been working with machines that have two of the
> Linksys wireless cards installed, in concert with NetBSD.  A minor issue
> we encounter is that it seems that NetBSD really wants to bring both
> cards up on the same IRQ ... this may not be a problem, but it's
> something we've been wondering about.

I just checked, and it is PR 18794 that concerns two wi in one host. I
can only reproduce it on the Dells. You can query the PR database at
<http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/query-pr.html>.

PR 18794 describes I/O errors between host and radio. I cannot tell from
your report whether that is your trouble or if there are errors on the
medium.  How do you know that I/O errors occur? What sort of I/O errors?
Your problem report is pretty indistinct. I think that if you are more
specific, I can help you better.