[Cu-wireless] Realtek RTL8181, "access point on a chip"

Jon Dugan jdugan at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 4 16:40:29 CST 2003

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 04:29:25PM -0600, David Young wrote:
> Nevertheless, the WRAP is probably worth the extra $190 in the long
> run. You don't have to reverse-engineer it, memory is not so tight,
> and it can be upgraded.

  Have you found a source for the Minitar boards?  I didn't look to hard, but
  the Australian page on had sources in Australia.

  It's a tough call, the original appeal to me of the WRAP is that it is about
  half the cost of a Soekris.  Cheap is a good thing.  The cheaper it is the
  more we can get deployed which helps us in terms of creating a denser mesh.
  If we could build a complete box for $100 or less that would be way cool.

  If we can find a source for the Minitar I'll buy one or two to play with.
  I'm also going to buy a WRAP they're available.

Jon
--
Jon Dugan             |  Senior Network Engineer, NCSA Network Research
jdugan at ncsa.uiuc.edu  |  269 CAB, 605 E Springfield, Champaign, IL 61820