[Cu-wireless] Airport Extreme 802.11g base station w/ bridging

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Sat Jan 18 14:22:01 CST 2003

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 03:56:10AM -0600, David Young wrote:
> What is most promising to me about the Extreme base station is that this
> vague market-ese seems to be describing a more sophisticated wireless
> bridging function than comparably-priced base stations ($250) provide:

Nevermind. I read at <http://wireless-starter-kit.com/80211g_update.html>
that the bridging is in the master/slave model:

    Although the AirPort Extreme Base Station bridging works with up to
    four units at once, you cannot daisy chain the AirPort Extreme Base
    Stations in bridging mode; all the bridged units must each connect
    back to the master unit. In more extensive installations, you could
    run Ethernet among several master AirPort Extreme Base Stations and
    still use bridging on the edges of the network.

dyoung at ojctech.com      Engineering from the Right Brain
                        Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933