[Cu-wireless] Urbana Free Library supports Wireless Project:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Tue Nov 18 09:55:41 CST 2003

Hi all,

I had a great meeting with the Executive Director of the Urbana
Free Library, Fred Schlipf, yesterday.  He is extremely supportive of the
Community Wireless Network and is going to figure out a way to place a
wireless node on the roof of the library.  We went out on the roof of the
new library addition, it has line of sight to the IMC, and is about
half-way in-between the Green Street node and the IMC.  The only caveats
were that we install some sort of lightning arrestor on the line and that
we install the node ourselves.  We may need to wait until the after the
contractors are done with the roof (which would put installation back to
late winter/early spring), but Fred is checking on that.

We also talked about the future of the Community Wireless Network and the
Urbana Free Library may want to partner on things (but that would be after
the library extension project in completed in Spring 2005).  Anyway, it
was an excellent meeting and with both the City and Urbana Free on board,
we have some powerful allies for future endeavors.

--Sascha