[Cu-wireless] zebra/quagga versions

Stephane Alnet stephane at nospam.shimaore.net
Fri Apr 2 22:07:49 CST 2004

Zach,

I talked (emailed) with Dave a little bit about this. Just want to
point a few things out:

> Current configuration: [for 10.0.9.142]

You should not have "default-information originate" on this guy. Only
nodes connected to the Internet should have that. (Normally it
shouldn't matter, but since we're dealing with buggy software, remove
it.)

Also, get rid of

> access-list net-10 permit 10.0.0.0/8
> route-map just-10 permit 10
>  match ip address net-10

since you don't use it; it just confuses everybody. (Normally it
shouldn't be used by OSPF, but since we're dealing ...).

> Current configuration: [for 10.0.9.221]

> router ospf
>  ospf router-id 10.0.9.221

OK.. fancy.

>  default-information originate

IF you use "default-information originate" THEN you must have a static
route to 0.0.0.0/0 on the same device. Otherwise you're just confusing
the heck out of everybody. (And since, etc.)

Also, why on earth do you guys have:

> 0/8                link#2             UC          0        0      -
> sip1 =>
> default            192.168.29.1       UGS         0       52      -
> sip0

(I assume "default" means 0/0.) Where does the "0/8" route come from???

Finally, "show ip ospf database" (or the zebra equivalent) is your
friend -- comparing it with the system routes and finding what the
discrepancies are is the basic of zebra OSPF zen in my (very limited)
experience. That's also how Dave & I found that there was somebody else
providing a default route the Saturday afternoon before we did Mike's &
John&Ivy's house.

HTH,
S.