[Cu-wireless] Re: city-wide ad hoc mesh networks

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Mon Feb 2 13:46:18 CST 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Brandon Bowersox wrote:

> An Opinion piece by an IBM engineer who has experience with ad hoc
> and mesh wireless networks:
> http://www.computerworld.com/mobiletopics/mobile/story/0,10801,89492,00.html?nas=EMC-89492

IBM's proposal and their graphic on the second page of the article, are
pretty similar to what we proposed to do with Carle hospital as part of a
bio-terrorism response grant we wrote together.  Of course, we were
proposed this about a year ago (nice to see IBM is catching up  ;).  But
we should definitely see if we can touch base with IBM's development team
-- might be some way to collaborate.

--Sascha