[CUWiN] Node Construction Party: Saturday, July 17 -- Noon -- CUWiN offices.

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Wed Jul 21 14:15:56 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 06:12:58AM +0200, Johann Hugo wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been lurking around on your mailing list for a couple of weeks now. I'm
> from South Africa and very interested in your wifi mesh activities. We are
> also making use of soekris boxes for our current wifi systems.
>
> I had a look at your new wifi kits http://www.cuwireless.net/node_setup.html
> and they look very neat. Can you perhaps tell me where you get the casing for
> the soekris box from, or are they the standard casings for a net4526 soekris
> board (I don't see any pictures of the boxes on their web site).

We buy a kit from www.metrix.net.  The kit contains the net4526, the
Atheros radio, a U.Fl (?) connector-to-N bulkhead pigtail, a cable
gland (for the ethernet), the polycarbonate enclosure, dessicant,
and pole-mounting hardware.  Metrix's motto should be, "We Thought
of Everything."

Metrix also sold us the antennas (not a usual sale item?) and the PoE
injectors.