[Cu-wireless] NSF RFP Partnerships in Innovation

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Thu Mar 4 00:07:25 CST 2004

hi all -

Here are notes I made as I combed through the RFP.  I tried to lay out
some preliminary answers for their questions.  Let me know when we should
meet again to discuss and review the letter of intent.
- Danielle

Notes on NSF RFP - Partnerships in Innovation

Possible Outcomes:
- access to communication infrastructure in areas without access: Lakeside
Terrace, King School neighborhood, Douglas center neighborhood
- neighborhood networks - they will have ubiquitous access to the net and
the project will get user feedback
- wireless cloud in downtown - support small businesses, downtown
residents

Messages:
What happens when you make internet ubiquitous in a town?
Internet Everywhere
Return the power to the community.

What is the money for?
- city infrastructure - X computer spaced X feet apart mounted on street
lights throughout X miles of streets (Urbana)
- commercialization activities
- software and hardware development
- hardware to expand network
- database to collect and store bugs

Q: How will we sustain innovation in the long term?