[Cu-wireless] HSLS?

Todd Boyle tboyle at rosehill.net
Tue Mar 9 22:43:53 CST 2004

At 07:43 PM 3/9/2004, David Young wrote:
>   You don't really think that we can answer this question, do you? =)

Thanks, no of course not, not with any precision!

But what would be your guess, based on the experience
you've had with the mesh protocols and the senao/soekris
hardware?

What happens when 3 or 4 nodes on the network
simultaneously try to move big files on this network?
http://www.cuwireless.net/images/wirelessmap.jpg
Not asking for the worst case scenario but really,
the scenario you'd almost expect, from bandwidth
hungry users in the evening time..
Would the throughput
1. crash to zero?
2.  scale down gracefully?
3. become sporadic, randomly, i.e. this is what
my instincts tell me, but that's based on Internet
and office LANs when they get overloaded..
there would be unpredictable latency

Just looking for your guess, ol boy.  You know your
gear by now... overall, do we get 100Kbps in this situation,
or 500kbps or 1Mbps?

Many thanks
Todd