[Cu-wireless] Detoit Wireless Project

Illustrious niteshad niteshad at linuxmail.org
Tue Mar 9 23:47:46 CST 2004

Greetings and Salutations,

I'm very glad to see that the grant has boosted the profile of CU-wireless and is fueling development and future growth.  Just wanted everybody to know that Detroit (finally!) has its own community wireless project.  In many respects, DWP is currently at the point CU-wireless was back in the Winter of 2001-2002 (i.e. just getting started and wrangling topologies, goals, etc.  Right now, we have a free wireless hotspot installed at the new Detroit Hard Rock Cafe; we're looking to install more around the downtown area.

I've been lobbying for a more "wireless infrastructure" network using CU-wireless technology, and am hoping, ultimately, for the two groups to collaborate.  If anyone is interested in seeing what else is going on, please point your web browsers to http://www.dwp.org.

best regards,

Mark Lenigan