[Cu-wireless] CUWiN Meeting Minutes: 04/20/04

Mark Lenigan mlenigan01 at sprintpcs.com
Sun Mar 21 21:56:30 CST 2004

Sascha Meinrath wrote:

> 2. Updates
>        a. developers
>
> Dave's been working on kernel patches.  Software is now upgradeable "on
> air" -- we don't need physical access to the roofs.  The software is now
> down to 13MB (was 38MB previously).

Thanks for the update, Sascha.  Also, thanks to everyone else in
CU-wireless for your hard work.

I'm still working to convince Detroit Wireless Project to collaborate
with CU-wireless on software development.  On-air upgradability is one
of the core features we need as well.  If this new 13 MB image were to
be released in the next week or two, it would _significantly_ improve my
chances of swaying the anti-collaboration faction to my side (&
everyone's mutual benefit.)

Also, is it possible to release the source of these images as a separate
tarball on the Downloads page?

best regards,

Mark Lenigan