[CUWiN] HSLS

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Fri Nov 5 18:12:12 CST 2004

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 04:47:02PM -0500, Gopaul, Richard (Civ, ARL/CISD) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In your release notes it says:
>
> "The HSLS routing protocol and ETX route metric are not currently used.
> "
> What routing protocol and route metric do you currently use?

We use OSPF with a hopcount metric.

We are rolling out a larger testbed ahead of completing HSLS/ETX, and
OSPF/hopcount performs about as badly as we expected.  So we are looking
forward to rolling out a reasonably bug-free HSLS/ETX implementation
this winter.

We can roll out sooner with your help!  If you're interested in
pitching-in on the development, the sources are available through both
CVS and Subversion revision control systems:

Browse CVS: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/wireless

CVS checkout:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/wireless login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/wireless co cuw-trunk