[CUWiN] Open 1X Project Info:

Stephane Alnet stephane at shimaore.net
Wed Sep 29 12:40:30 CDT 2004

Le 29 sept. 04, à 18:19, Zachary C. Miller a écrit :

> I find it hard to believe that something that relies on kerberos
> "doesn't require client software".

My understanding is that they are using kerberos as the authentication
"database" but that the encryption part itself uses PAP as the
authentication method (within TLS). PAP provides a password "in clear",
so I would guess they proxy that login/password back to Kerberos using
some kind of "authentication proxy". So it wouldn't be Kerberos
end-to-end.

Haven't read the links though. :/
S.