[CUWiN] Multiple radios?

Bill Comisky bcomisky at pobox.com
Wed Apr 6 17:27:26 CDT 2005

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Sascha Meinrath wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Dan Flett wrote:
>
>>  Hi all,
>>
>>  Can anyone tell me if the CuWiN software supports multiple wireless cards
>>  simultaneously in the one platform?  I am concerned about the bandwidth
>>  penalty and RF interference that would result from everyone being on the
>>  same channel, transmitting and receiving with the same radio.
>
> The CUWiN software is built to handle multiple radios, but that part hasn't
> been implemented yet.  We estimate that it should take a month (and perhaps
> as little as 2 weeks) of programming time to do, but haven't managed to find
> a volunteer to do this or the funding to make this a priority for the core
> development staff.  Either way, as soon as there's a strong interest in this
> feature, it'll get implemented.
>
> --Sascha

Is that estimate for using the second radio as a local access point (which
I've seen a similar estimate for in the past)?  Or would it be for using
both radios for mesh backhaul, which is what it seems like Dan was asking.
It seems like the latter would be significantly more complicated, since it
would likely touch the dynamic routing stuff.  Though perhaps I'm making
assumptions that the frequency selection would be dynamic..

bill

--
Bill Comisky
bcomisky at pobox.com