[CUWiN] end-user mesh

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Sun Apr 17 17:00:51 CDT 2005

Hi John,

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, John Kintree wrote:

> One requirement I did not see in the RFP for Wireless Philadelphia
> (http://www.phila.gov/wireless/) is for end-user devices, such as laptop
> computers and PDAs, to run the mesh networking software.  It seems like doing
> so would practically eliminate dead-spots in the network.  Is porting the
> cuwin mesh software to client platforms (Linux, Mac, Windows, ...) part of
> the plan?

The CUWiN software is small enough that it could be ported to a variety of
end-user devices.  We're currently working to crossbuild on Linux.  We'd
love to port to various platforms and devices -- just need to find either
the funding to hire folks or the volunteers who'd like to work on adding
this functionality.

--Sascha