[CUWiN] Loading CUWin Image to Soekris 4526 SMB

Bill Comisky bcomisky at pobox.com
Mon Apr 18 10:38:35 CDT 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, jbrink at sympatico.ca wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm sure that this has been asked before, but is there a detailed "How To"
> document to transfer the cuwin image to a Soekris 4526 board with 64 MB Ram
> and 64 MB of CF.
>
> I've got the board to boot via PXEboot using a kernel i found via google, but
> can't seem to transfer the image to CF. Including trying to mount nfs shares.
>
> Does anyone have a compiled image that will get me started ?

There's a number of ways to do it.  I've been using the recipe
found here:

   http://metrix.net/support/pxeboot/

You have to have to set up your IP address, DHCP, and TFTP as shown.  Then
you run an http server (I use thttp) to serve the raw image.  The 4526
will PXE boot then wget the raw image from the webserver and reboot
without intervention, other than <Ctrl>-P and 'boot f0' from the system
BIOS to PXE boot.

The 0.5.5 image here should work (need to gunzip first for the process
above): http://www.cuwireless.net/downloads/release-0.5.5.html#bin-net4526

Aside:  Are there enough potential testers to justify a "nightly" binary
release of the trunk?

bill

--
Bill Comisky