[CUWiN] CUWiN and IPv6

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Fri Aug 5 02:02:18 CDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 09:43:54AM -0700, Sean Fioritto wrote:
> John,
>
> Dave will know better than me, but from what I recall he wrote the
> software with IPv6 first. I think he said it was actually easier than
> using IPv4.

That's right, IPv6 was first.  The IPv6 API looked to me a little easier
than IPv4.  My brother, Ben, added IPv4 support.

hslsd purposefully treats addresses in an abstract way.  If you really
wanted to, you could make hslsd route a layer-2 network, without changing
much existing code.  For example, you could route IEEE802 networks
(ethernet and/or WiFi), Bluetooth, or Zigbee networks.  You would,
however, have to write new code, both to interface with the software
bridge in the OS, and to send & receive layer-2 packets.