[CUWiN] CUWiN port to Linux

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Fri Aug 5 11:23:02 CDT 2005

Hi John,

John Kintree wrote:
> On Thursday 04 August 2005 11:38 am, Sascha Meinrath wrote:
>
>>Certainly it would also makes sense for Nicholas to integrate CUWiN's
>>software at the application layer with the laptop he's developing.
>
> How are things going with the port of CUWiN to Linux?
> John Kintree

We have a working crossbuild to Linux (though it may need to be upgraded
again given recent software improvements).  Porting the software
outright to Linux is like trying to do needlepoint on a roller-coaster
-- because the software is still under heavy development, the port would
need to be constantly upgraded (and thus would require dedicated staff
to maintain).  Once the software stabilizes (for example, once version
1.0 is released), it may make sense to do this -- especially if there's
interest for specific applications.  Mostly, we either need more
volunteers or the funding to support more dedicated staff to undertake
something like that.

--Sascha