[CUWiN] Adding a new filesystem

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Thu Jan 27 18:45:17 CST 2005

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 01:18:36AM -0800, Peter Barry wrote:
> David,
> I have downloaded the 0.5.4 image for the 128MB CF,
> and  the filesystem is full, on 23M. Still I need to
> add some files, and it is not possible... please
> advise.

I see now that I was mistaken about the reason for the small filesystems.
It will take a while for us to fix this, so here is a workaround.
Download the "upgrade" .tgz file and place it on a computer you can
reach by ssh.  Log into a node that runs the 128MB CF card.  Upgrade it:

/sbin/upgrade user at hostname:path-to-upgrade-file.tgz

Reboot, and the root filesystem (should be /dev/wd0e, now) will be about
64MB big.