[CUWiN] Nostaligia Time: Cleaning the Old IMC, Monday, 5pm, Last Chance to Remove Stuff!

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun May 29 21:52:47 CDT 2005

A crew is gathering to clean-out and tie up loose ends Monday afternoon
at 5pm at the old Main St. UC IMC. Drop by, it's a short 2-hour or less
project. We could really use your help!

It will be a Memorial Day salute to the effective service the old UC IMC
space provided. If you pine for one last experience at the original,
historic UC IMC space at 218 West Main in beautiful and progressive
downtown Urbana, this is your chance. The property will be turned back
over to our ever-bearing and big-hearted landlords, the Beavers, on
Wednesday, June 1.

Anyone who has a key for the old space needs to exchange it or request a
deposit return ASAP. The Space group will set a deadline for this at its
meeting on Wednesday, June 1 at the new UC IMC space. Please contact me
for any key-related issues.

If there is anything we cannot accomplish at the old Main St. Monday
evening, we have one last chance to arrange it on Tuesday. But almost
everything is gone from the space aleady. A few wall brackets, the CAT-5
network, the wireless node on the roof, etc are all that is left. This
will be among the last chances to get anything out if people need it or
to take one last look.

We'll have all the cleaning supplies we need. The Movin' Crew left us
most everything we need. The backend of the old space is actually almost
ready to go. The production room needs swept after the desk brackets are
removed. We have to liberate the scowling judge from his corner, but
I've got a ladder. The front space otherwise needs major sweepage, but
it should be a 2-hour job or less.

And, if possible, we have to liberate the CAT-5 network from its
entanglement with the building. It may have to be abandoned in place;
there's no point in chopping it half off. Let me hear your thoughts on
that if you have a concern -- we're short-handed at this time, even
assuming we can get access to cleanly remove it.

Special Attention to CU-Win!!! Unless I hear differently, I do not plan
to do anything with the node. I will leave the power supply in place
inside and the node up on the roof. I can assist someone in retrieving
this stuff, but it has to be done by Tuesday evening. Let me know if you
have a concern, otherwise I intend to abandon the node in place for the
time being and let the landlords know that you may still want to
retrieve it later.
Mike Lehman