[CUWiN] Re: [IMC-Space] Hack Night Tonight...

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Sun Jul 23 13:07:22 CDT 2006

dan blah wrote:
> just to remind everyone...

I will be there and will be bringing a micro-radio transmitter I'm building with
Faith (think iPod as FM radio station in small pirate lunch box).  Sort of a
different type of geekiness, but loads of fun all the same.  It still needs a
couple hours of soldering work, but with some dedication, it could be finished
off tonight.  This is a fully legal transmitter -- down the road, it will be
_extremely interesting to set this up to accept a stream via the wireless
network.  One could imagine, that with multiple microtransmitters spaced around
a community, one could devise an entirely legal alternative FM infrastructure --
good for community access, emergency response, and just plain fun.  So come take
a look at this very cool device -- a couple pictures of us building it here:

http://www.saschameinrath.com/2006jul09microtransmitters_at_the_alliance_for_community_media_conference

--Sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
Policy Analyst    *  Project Coordinator  *  President