[CUWiN] case studies and other docs

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Mon Aug 11 06:42:22 CDT 2008

Hi Tom,

Tom Sparks wrote:
> I am looking for more case studies (ones that I can
> take to councils/organisations)?

I'm coordinating an international group of researchers who are updating the
original "Unlicensed Wireless Broadband Profiles: Community, Municipal &
Commercial Success Stories" New America Foundation published several years ago:

www.newamerica.net/publications/policy/unlicensed_wireless_broadband_profiles

We should have this available by the Fall and it will include case studies and
lessons learned from both domestic and international implementations.

> I am also looking for "The Wireless Community Network Project: Applying
> Cutting Edge Technology to Improve Internet Access" document?

I believe that One Community and CNT are now collaborating on this project.
Check the Center for Neighborhood Technology website (http://wcn.cnt.org) for
more info and who to contact.  I believe they are now using standard Cisco or
Motorola gear for the project (which is less exciting for us open-sourcers).

--Sascha