[CWN-Summit] Re: CWN-Summit Digest, Vol 5, Issue 2

Stelios Valavanis stel at onshore.com
Mon Dec 20 02:04:33 CST 2004

the feature that blocks user-user traffic is present on several APs now
especially those made for hotspots such as colubris. now this only works when
you associate with an AP. you can still create an ad hoc network and share
files though not while connected to the internet. now if you set it up right
you can allow users to see each other at layer 3 while blocking layer 2
traffic and maybe some port such as RPC. this drastically minimizes viruses
spreading. we've got that going all over on our wired networks and the people
with the pagers get a lot more sleep. i am going to try something similar
very soon on a wireless network.