[CWN-Summit] Call for Nominees for Election to the AFCN Board of Directors

Michael maranda mmaranda at afcn.org
Wed Sep 8 21:10:42 CDT 2004

Greetings to all who attended the Community Wireless
Summit, and to those that wished they were there!

I am writing to personally invite your involvement in
the AFCN, including in the nomination of candidates
for the AFCN board of directors (including the
possibility of self-nomination).

In my view the various technologies are but one aspect
of community networking, and I wish to affirm AFCN's
openness to community wireless networking in the
community networking domain.

The call for nominations follows below.  A deadline of
Sept 12 is listed, but if the info gets to me within a
few days of that, all will be well.

More info on the AFCN at www.afcn.org

Regards,

Michael Maranda
AFCN President-Elect

Call for Nominees for Election to the AFCN Board of
Directors
Judith Pepper & Michael Maranda, co-chairs

The Association For Community Networking (AFCN) is now
accepting nominations for seats opening on the Board
of Directors, and plans to commence elections by the
beginning of October.

Please address all nominations (or questions) to
nominations at afcn.org

Nominations will be accepted via email through Sunday,
September 12, 2004.

Self-nomination is welcome.

The information included with the nomination should
include:
        Name of Nominee
        Organization
        Email Address
        Motivation for Nomination

All nominees will be contacted via email to confirm
their willingness to serve as a member of the Board of
Directors. If the nominee cannot be contacted via
email then the nomination will not be confirmed.

Additionally, in preparing the slate the committee
will seek the following information directly from the
nominees (if self-nominating you can save us a step
and include these!):

1)	Background Statement  (Bio/CV, relevant
achievements)
2)	Current Affiliations, additional contact info
3)	AFCN Vision Statement

Thank you,

Michael Maranda, for Nominations Committee

Eligibility & Requirements (excerpted from current
Bylaws - amended May 2004):
Directors must be members of the Association during
their term of service on the Board.
The Board of Directors shall consist of not less than
seven, nor more than nine directors.

The term of each Board member shall be three years.
No board member may serve more than two consecutive
terms.  Board members having served two consecutive
terms are not eligible for re-election for two years.

All seats on the Board of Directors shall be elected
by the Voting members.