[CWN-Summit] FCC Open Access ruling: positive strategy

Michael Maranda mmaranda at afcn.org
Mon Aug 8 17:29:13 CDT 2005

We require a coordinated strategy to fight these (general) issues over the
long haul.

IMHO We need to

1) advance deployment - promote success stories (detail impact) and provide
documentation for their replication
2) coordinate communication strategy on the broader issues - tying our
issues to broader values  (frame)
3) organize on regional basis, with coordination nationally.  These issues
involve several layers of govt, and we should promote the issue at each
level.... Forming new coalitions of like interest.

Keeping this short, how is the www.communityinternet.us site coming?  How
can others help to document success stories and models for replication
there?  Are there other resources that serve to document this?  (#1 above)

For anyone interested in furthering efforts on #2 and #3... feel free to
contact me off-list.  (with full recognition that most of you are already
heavily engaged)

-MM