[CWN-Summit] Bringing Attention to Free Wifi

steve goldberg steveg at ieee.org
Thu Mar 24 06:21:14 CST 2005

In an attempt to see if we can go all across Cleveland and use free wifi (and get a caffeine buzz),
 three of us did a tour of cafes that offer free wifi.  We visited a dozen spots icked out of my wiki list( http://www.clevewifiwiki.us ). Let me tell you this was not easy, but we posted to our blogs  ( http://www.whatsinthebag.us/ and http://www.brewedfreshdaily.com/ ) and kept a photo record ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/orgnet/ and http://www.flickr.com/photos/brewedfreshdaily/ ) as we went along.  We were met by fans at each place in a sort of smart-mob fashion, including the Metro reporter for our major local newspaer, the Plain Dealer.  Here is their web version:
http://www.cleveland.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news/1111660372151110.xml?nohio

It was smack to shake things up in our conservative town and the beer at the end of the day was very tasty.

Steve Goldberg
Tremont Wifi Neighborhood