[CWN-Summit] Live from Freedom to Connect

Michael Maranda mmaranda at afcn.org
Wed Mar 30 12:44:57 CST 2005

We're sitting here at Isen's Freedom to Connect Conference in DC (er...
Silver Spring, MD in the AFI Silver Theatre) where Jim Baller just spoke
along with Tery Huvel of LUS.   Also just spoke with Wendy Wigen of
http://www.EduCause.edu, and J.H Snider of New America Foundation.

There is a live audio feed at:  http://freedom-to-connect.net/     Listen
in!

Most of the folks here are on the same page.  But everyone here is asking
the question:  what do we do?   It's not clear that we have the answer... We
all have great ideas as to what the world of communications infrastructure
should look like, but the question resides in the political sphere.  How can
communities respond with strategies to protect their rights, or to
coordinate their efforts?

As they don't have an answer for us here in DC, I invite you to Open Space
Austin at the end of the month where Community ICT leaders will forge a
coordinated response.   http://www.openspaceaustin.net

Michael Maranda
President, The Association For Community Networking (AFCN)
President, CTCNet Chicago Chapter
Co-Chair, Illinois Community Technology Consortium (ilCTC)
Vice President, NPOTechs
http://www.afcn.org
http://www.ctcnetchicago.org
http://www.npotechs.org
http://www.ilctc.org

Come to Open Space Austin - Community ICT Leadership Summit:
http://www.openspaceaustin.net/