[CWN-Summit] Compiled Summit Evaluation Comments.

Becca Vargo Daggett becca at ilsr.org
Wed Apr 5 09:00:43 CDT 2006

> 7.  Location of the Summit and grounding in the local community are
> extremely important.  DC and surrounds (e.g., Philly) were brought
> up a lot.

> 9.  MORE INTERNATIONAL PEOPLE! (and more local participation -- see
> #7 above).

As we were watching the green skies roll in, someone pointed out that
it was good to be in a place without too much to distract from the
summit, a place where it's not too easy for people to just wander off
after lunch.

For me, the idea of the D.C. area and the desire to have a greater
international component don't really jibe. If this is about community
action, anywhere in the U.S. or North America or the World, then
what's the message of gathering in the place of U.S. federal policy
making? (Unless we're just looking at it as a place with a major
international hub airport.)

Many thanks again to you all for your kindness. I can't wait to spend
the weekend learning more about all the bits and pieces I gathered.

Becca, ILSR, Minneapolis
www.newrules.org